After many messages to friends and family (Thank you Nancy, Jeanne and Erika) I made the hard decision. Kyzer was going to be put down. I feel so bad but know it is the better choice. He would have trouble the rest of his life.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Hard Decision day
This has been a day of hard decision. First I had to call in sick. This was because I did not sleep at all last night and was in no condition to drive. I did not sleep will because my kitty Kyzer was in pain. He went to the vet last Friday for appointment for bladder problems. He was diagnosed with a possible urinary infection. So special diet and antibiotics equipped and told if his bladder got any bigger to get him in. He spent the weekend seeming ok. He played with his sister, fought getting his medicine, stubbed his nose at the new food and cuddled so well. Monday night he started whining and acting lazy again. All night he whined and wanted to cuddle. At 5 I called the emergency vet and got him in. I also called work and said I would not be in. The Diamond Vet on Rucker was very nice to both Kyzer and me. The vet tried her hardest to get him to pee. He would or could not. They gave him Valium and he would pee a little. They wanted to try meds for 8 hours and see if he could go. They could not. So on to surgery. They were going to put a catheter in for 48 hours and drain it all. Got the call about noon. The bladder was 75% blocked and full of crystals and stones. I had to make the decision to do surgery or put him down. I got Kzyer at Petsmart in Lynnwood on November 13 2010 with his sister Katie. I went to petsmart just to look and Kyzer came up to me and stretched out on my leg, looked up with his yellow eyes that said pick me up. I fell in love with him. Katie meowed and batted her eyes. So both went home with me. So at 8 months May you Rest in Peace Kyzer Allen. You will be missed.