Bear

Bear
Welcome

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The unexpected

Have you ever gotten something in the mail, snail mail not email, that came from someone unexpectedly. I got a card from a friend who has known me since I was 14. Paula is like a mother to me. She and Doug have prayed for me since I have known them. I was the quiet, shy one in Sunday school who knew the answers and would not talk. See what answer to pray is I now talk. Ok write more than talk. So, 32 years later she can still surprise me and the card she sent says and means alot to me.

She wrote : You will probably never know just how many lives you touch by serving the Lord in the special way you do- but hope you know what a gift you are to us all.

I have struggled some with service for the Lord lately and this just gave me the nudge I needed to want to serve Him some how. Just knowing that God is the one we serve is a great privilege to work for Him, He is the perfect employer.


Blessed are they who serve the Lord. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people.... Hebrews 6:10

No comments:

Post a Comment